The widespread use of olive oil in cooking, particularly in the Mediterranean diet, is well-known worldwide. Apart from its culinary benefits, olive oil finds extensive applications in various aspects of life. Consuming olive oil yields significant health benefits, and surprisingly, it can serve as an excellent cleaning method.
The Mediterranean diet is celebrated as one of the healthiest globally, thanks to its diverse range of products, including fish, meats, different vegetables, and rich in natural fibers and fats, such as olive oil. This "liquid gold" enhances the flavors of every Mediterranean dish, not only being beneficial to the human body but also elevating the overall taste experience.
Beyond its culinary uses, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) proves to be a versatile asset outside the kitchen, offering practical solutions in the realm of home remedies and tricks. Have you ever considered the various ways olive oil can contribute to household cleaning and maintenance?
Cleaning Hacks with Olive Oil
Olive oil, a natural product extracted from olives, is a significant industry in our country. Its uses extend beyond the kitchen due to its versatile components. Let's explore how olive oil can be a marvelous cleaning agent:
1. Cleaning Wooden Furniture: Often referred to as "liquid gold," olive oil is an ideal ally for maintaining and cleaning wooden furniture. With just a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, you can treat and nourish any wooden furniture. Create a mixture by combining olive oil and white wine vinegar in a spray bottle, in roughly equal proportions. Spray the surfaces to be cleaned with this mixture and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the area. This mixture not only aids in cleaning but also proves effective in removing grease from wood.
2. Removing Stains from Wooden Furniture: Stubborn stains on wooden furniture, such as water rings left by a cold glass, can be challenging to eliminate. Olive oil comes to the rescue. After drying the affected area, apply a few drops of olive oil and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe away the residue with a cloth and repeat the process as needed. Olive oil is perfect for cleaning and maintaining wood.
3. Cleaning Stainless Steel: Surprisingly, olive oil can be used to keep stainless steel appliances clean. Apply a few drops of olive oil to a cloth and rub it onto stainless steel surfaces in one direction to prevent streaks. After applying the oil, use a dry cloth to remove any excess and eliminate stains, maintaining the integrity of the stainless steel.
4. Applications on Glass and Metals: Olive oil mixed with baking soda can restore the shine to dull metal surfaces. A tablespoon of baking soda mixed with a cup of olive oil is sufficient. Apply this mixture to the areas to be treated with a cloth, let it sit for ten minutes, and then wipe away the product with a damp cloth. Additionally, olive oil is excellent for adding shine to glass or windows. Apply olive oil to a newspaper and rub it onto the surface for maximum shine.
5. Keeping Your Car Clean: Maintaining a clean car can be a daunting task, but olive oil can be a great help. As a natural fat, applying olive oil to the car's body won't cause any damage. Its viscous texture makes it effective in removing stickers and other adhesives. Apply olive oil with cotton and rub it in a circular motion to remove any excess on the body.
6. Cleaning Leather Products: Leather, a natural and durable material, requires specific care to maintain its original condition. Olive oil is perfect for treating and maintaining leather or leather products. Apply it directly to the product using a soft cloth soaked in oil, restoring flexibility and shine to the material. Thanks to the oil's density, it helps waterproof the leather with a protective layer.
7. Removing Paint Stains with EVOO: Extra Virgin Olive Oil serves as an excellent stain remover, capable of eliminating various stains, including paint and glue. Apply a thin layer of olive oil to the stains, let it sit for a few minutes, and then remove it with a scrubber. Being a natural product, olive oil is non-corrosive, ensuring that both materials and skin remain undamaged.
Olive oil, a natural product, provides enormous benefits in various forms, both in consumption and application in different aspects. At Mueloliva, we recommend using Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a multitude of areas, making it a fantastic asset for cleaning and maintaining your living spaces.